High Capacity Passive Software Probe for VoIP & IP Video Performance Monitoring
SQprobe® is a high performance software probe designed to non-intrusively monitor the performance of IP multimedia services including VoIP, IPTV, and IP Videoconferencing. SQprobe uses Telchemy's industry-leadingperformance analysis technology to analyze voice and video quality without significant impact on network load.
Deployed in an Enterprise, Hosted PBX / IP Centrex, or residential service provider VoIP or IPTV network, SQprobe passively monitors both directions of voice and video packet streams, automatically detects media packets and identifies individual calls and video sessions, and provides real-time QoE scores and detailed performance metrics for both active and completed calls/sessions.
SQprobe reports perceptual quality scores (including MOS and R-factor), extensive performance data, and expert analysis diagnoses of the cause of performance problems for every monitored call and video session.
- Can be licensed to support VoIP, IPTV, IP Videoconferencing, or a combination of services
- High performance - passively monitors and analyzes up to 1,000 concurrent VoIP calls or multiple HD video sessions
- Decodes SIP signaling
- Analyzes encrypted video streams without decrypting - preserves DRM / security requirements
- Expert analysis of data - generates an easy-to-understand text diagnosis of the cause(s) of quality degradation
- Automatic correlation of alerts with interval and end-of-call reports
- Listening and Conversational MOS and R-factor scores for VoIP
- Audio, Video, and combined Audio-Video MOS (MOS-V, MOS-A, MOS-AV) and Video Service Transmission Quality (VSTQ) scores for IPTV and IP Videoconferencing
- TR 101 290 Decodability metrics
- Per-frame video quality computation; detects GoP structure and measures impact of loss/discard on I, B, and P frames
- Content type detection (levels of detail, motion, panning) - alerts for abnormal content such as frozen frame / blank video
- Calculated levels of degradation due to packet loss / discard, delay, codec type, and other specific factors
- Burst and gap voice quality scores - R-Burst, R-Gap Burst and gap loss/discard statistics
- Lost, discarded, and out-of-sequence packet statistics
- Support for a wide range of ITU, cellular, industry-standard and proprietary codecs
For more information, see theor .
For a hardware-based passive monitoring solution, clickto learn more about the Telchemy APP™ series of network appliances, which support passive monitoring using integrated SQprobe technology or passive monitoring using integrated technology.